Digital Humanities Now: An edited link aggregator that rounds up breaking news in the digital humanities community. This is a very useful resource for keeping track of what is going in the many corners of digital humanities community.
Professional Organizations and Communities:
The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO): An umbrella organization that coordinates the activities of three digital humanities-related organizations: the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing (ALLC), the Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH) and the Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs.
The Humanities and Technology Camp (THATCamp): A nationwide "unconference" series that is a great place to get to know digital humanists and to learn about new technologies and projects.
The Humanities, Arts, Science, and Technology Advanced Collaboratory (HASTAC): An interdisciplinary scholarly network that organizes conferences and other community building events for digital humanists.
DHCommons: A social networking site where digital humanists can connect and collaborate on projects.
Modern Language Association (MLA) Guidelines for Evaluating Work in Digital Humanities and Digital Media
The Office of Digital Humanities (ODH): The ODH is a branch of the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) that offers grants to individuals, groups, and organizations to encourage work in the digital humanities.
NEH funding initiatives relevant to digital humanities work include:
- Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants, to support digital humanities projects in their planning stages.
- Collaborative Research Grants, to support research-focused projects undertaken by groups of scholars.
- Humanities Collections and Reference Resources Grants, to support the development of humanities-related research collections.
- Preservation and Access Research and Development Grants, to support the preservation of humanities-related research collections.
- Scholarly Editions and Translations Grants, to support the translation and creation of scholarly editions to humanities-related texts that were previously inaccessable to scholars.
- The Digging into Data Challenge, to support projects that explore large data-sets.
- America's Media Makers: Development Grants, to support the development of Interactive digital media, such as websites, games, mobile applications, virtual environments, streaming video, or podcasts.
- America's Media Makers: Production Grants, to support the production of Interactive digital media, such as websites, games, mobile applications, virtual environments, streaming video, or podcasts.
Tools and Methods:
Bamboo: Digital Research Tools Wiki: A wiki focused on digital research tools that are helpful for digital humanities projects.
Digital Humanities Questions & Answers: A messageboard where digital humanists can ask and answer technology-related questions.
Five College Offices and Departments:
College of Humanities and Fine Arts
Five College Digital Humanities Resources