Digital Humanities Lab Policies
Lab Hours and Availability:
The lab will be available for use when the Translation Center is open, generally from 9-5 on Monday-Friday year-round. Faculty who will need to use the lab outside of business hours must sign-out keys to the Translation Center from the Digital Humanities Initiative directors.
Members of the Digital Humanities Initiative will be issued a key to the lab door and can schedule the room through using the procedures described below. The door to the lab should be kept closed and locked when the lab is not occupied.
Use of the lab and equipment owned by the Digital Humanities Initiative is on a first come, first served basis. Requests are subject to the approval of the Digital Humanities Initiative directors. If you would like to reserve time in the lab, please consult the Digital Humanities Lab calendar to see if the lab space or equipment will be available during the time that you want to use it:
Once you have determined that the lab will be available during the time that you would like to use it, send an email to email@example.com. Please email at least one week in advance of the time that you would like to use the lab.
Your request to use the lab should include:
- Your name and contact info (email address, phone number)
- Name and contact info for the person making the reservation (if different than the faculty member who will be using the lab)
- Additional people who will also be using the lab with you (grad students, other faculty members, etc.)
- Date(s) and time(s) requested
- Hardware or software requirements
- Additional requests: overhead projector, etc
- The Digital Humanities Initiative is not responsible for content that is created on the lab computers. All users of the lab should make sure to back up their work on a server that is regularly backed-up.
- Users of the lab should make sure that all equipment (including lights, computers, keyboards, scanners, printers, and monitors) are turned off before they leave the lab.
- Faculty users of lab equipment will be billed for any loss or damage that occurs while the equipment is in use by them.